The pontoons are an important safety and visual element of your boat, and so it is important to maintain your Naiad regularly to extend the life of your pontoons. The system is incredibly tough, and very easy to care for!
- Keep them inflated to between 2.5 and 3psi. This is hard when you press on them. You should be able to stand on the pontoon with minimal deflection.
- Air expands in hot weather, so in periods of extreme hot weather, let a little air out of the tubes to maintain correct pressure.
- Keep the caps on the valves. Check the valves regularly for any debris or damage which could cause the valves to leak. Faulty or ill-fitting valves are the most common cause of tube deflation!
- Wash the pontoons regularly with soapy water, and rinse well.
- Avoid use of harsh cleaners (e.g. Jif). These products remove the protective surface of the pontoon material.
- Repair any damaged area of the pontoon as soon as possible to avoid further damage